We are looking for both experienced and junior developers with knowledge of functional programming languages such as Erlang, Clojure, Haskell, Scala and the imperative languages like C, Java and Objective-C. The right candidate will join small teams of highly skilled systems engineers developing software using Erlang/OTP. You will gain valuable experience in exciting state-of-the-art systems within the Telecom, Financial Services, Banking, Messaging and Logistics sectors. As our clients are spread on six continents, there will be an opportunity to travel if you’re up for it.
The minimum education needed to apply is a Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or related subject.
- With experience of real time or embedded software and associated hardware, this role would be responsible for the design and programming of related operating software.
- Liaise with Electronic Design Engineers to ensure that the functionality met specifications.
- May be responsible for other Software Engineers within a project team.
- Design, code, test and support of Erlang and related software, including some research.
- Experienced programmers will be expected to mentor and coach junior staff.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced in the use of the Erlang Open Telecoms Platform for the delivery of complex systems.
- Must have demonstrable experience of designing and delivering multiple projects in at least one industry sector.
- Demonstrable software development and implementation experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of Erlang programming which will be tested.
- Experience with Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good customer facing and presentation skills.
- Programming skills and experience with languages such as C and Java
- Experience of implementation of soft real-time servers
- Experience with communications protocols (HTTP, XMPP, SMPP, …)
- Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
- Experience with financial systems including payments arena, Automotive, Telecom and gaming sectors would be advantageous
- Knowledge of: Distributed computing, Parallelism and concurrency, & Virtualisation
How to Apply?