We are looking for experienced developers with knowledge of functional programming languages such as Erlang, Clojure, Haskell, Scala and the imperative languages like C, Java and Objective-C. The right candidates will join small teams of highly skilled systems engineers developing software using Erlang/OTP. You will gain valuable experience in exciting state-of-the-art systems within the Telecom, Financial Services, Banking, Messaging and Logistics sectors. As our clients are spread on six continents, there will be an opportunity to travel if you’re up for it.
Equal opportunities: We are an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- With an in depth knowledge of real time or embedded software and associated hardware, this role would be responsible for the design and programming of related operating software.
- Liaise with Electronic Design Engineers to ensure that the functionality met specifications.
- May be responsible for other Software Engineers within a project team.
- Design, code, test and support of Erlang and related software, including some research.
- Develop solutions using distributed concurrent programming, software packaging and release
- Write and test code in Erlang and occasionally in other languages such as C, Java, Clojure, Haskell, Scala & Objective-C
- Experienced programmers will be expected to mentor and coach junior staff.
Minimum Education of Senior Erlang Developer: A Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or related subject.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced in the use of the Erlang Open Telecoms Platform for the delivery of complex systems.
- Must have demonstrable experience of designing and delivering multiple large projects in different industry sectors.
- More than five years demonstrable software development and implementation experience
- Experience with Linux, OS X and Solaris operating systems
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good customer facing and presentation skills.
- Programming skills and experience with languages such as C and Java
- Experience of implementation of soft real-time servers
- Experience with communications protocols (HTTP, XMPP, SMPP, …)
- Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
- Experience with financial systems including payments arena, Automotive, Telecom and gaming sectors would be advantageous
- Knowledge of: Distributed computing, Parallelism & Concurrency, Virtualisation
How to Apply?