A five-day introductory course to give you the foundational knowledge of Elixir, one of the world’s most powerful full-stack technologies.
About this event
Elixir featured in Stack Overflow’s most loved, most in-demand and best paid programming language in 2019 and has continued to grow in popularity since then. Elixir has many real-world uses that are attracting those in the know to add the language to their skill set. This five-day online training is the ideal way to learn the key concepts that will set you on your Elixir programming journey. Along with learning the key concepts of the language, you will discover the essential role of concurrency for BEAM.
The course contains the following topics:
- Background Erlang/Elixir
- Sequential Elixir
- Unit Testing
- Concurrent Elixir
- Process Design Patterns
- Process Error Handling
- Funs and High-order functions
- Data structures (Maps, Structs, Binaries,Protocols)
- Distributed programming
- Code updating
Why you should attend this course?
- Helps you get over the hurdle of efficiently understanding the concepts behind Elixir
- Gets you thinking concurrently about your application
- Gives you all of the knowledge you need to dive deeper in advanced subjects
- Stops you from doing the typical beginner errors
- Gets you up to speed with the development workflow
Aleksander LisieckiSoftware Developer at Erlang Solutions
A graduate of AGH University of Science and Technology as a Master of Science in December 2020. He works as an Erlang and Elixir developer at Erlang Solutions and is the winner of correctness prize in Spawnfest 2020. One of the organisers and trainers at School of Erlang.