Erlang Solutions Ltd. can help you set up your strategy and code your prototypes and demos developed in Erlang/OTP. Erlang/OTP is ideal for iterative code development, and hence prototypes. When contending with other programming tools and languages, it has often been the ability to demonstrate a working prototype quickly that has led to the choice of Erlang.
Mike Williams, one of the inventors of Erlang once said "Make mistakes on a small scale, not in a production project. It is not good enough to have ideas, you must be able to implement them and know that they work." A prototype will show design flaws at an early stage of the development project. It will give a feeling for whether your ideas can be implemented, provide early benchmarks, and will act as a stepping stone in the introduction of a new technology in your company. Depending on the size, it takes about 80 hours and upwards to get a prototype running. Our prototype package includes:
- Training a small group in advanced Erlang features.
- Training in OTP behaviours.
- Designing the prototype architecture.
- Help in coding and testing.
- Analysis of the system architecture.
- Setting up the strategy for the large scale project.