This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Erlang Solutions the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
Definitions and Interpretation In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Account” -- means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
- “Content” -- means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- “Cookie” -- means a small text file placed on your computer by Erlang Solutions when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your Registration Details. Further details are contained in Clause 9 of this Policy;
- “Data” -- means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Erlang Solutions” -- means Erlang Solutions Ltd, New Loom House, 101 Back Church Lane, London E1 1LU, England, U.K.
- “Service” -- means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Erlang Solutions makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- “System” -- means any online communications infrastructure that Erlang Solutions makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” -- means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Erlang Solutions and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web Site” -- means the website that you are currently using (http://www.erlang-factory.com or http://www.erlang-consulting.com and any sub-domains of these sites) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Data Collected Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Cookie information (see clause 9 below).
Our Use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Erlang Solutions for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security, see clause 9 below.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Retention of Financial Details
Erlang Solutions does not store any financial data e.g. credit/debit card details from customers.
Third Party Web Sites and Services
Erlang Solutions may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Erlang Solutions requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Controlling Access to your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
- Data security is of great importance to Erlang Solutions and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- Erlang Solutions Ltd. may set and access Cookies on your computer.
- A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites.
- You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
Changes to this Policy