Poznan Erlang User Group Event
Date : 25 May 2012
Time : 18:00 -19:00
Limit: 50 people
You can register here.
18:00 "Erlang Use Cases" Micha? ?laski
In this talk I discuss where is Erlang used and why. Erlang has its roots in telecom, but over the last couple of years it has proven to be a good fit for all kinds of distributed systems in banking, messaging, databases, games and other. For each industry I give some examples and list reasons why Erlang was chosen over other popular technologies. I also give a short introduction to Erlang technology. My talk is intended for developers interested in starting their Erlang education as well as for managers looking for a solution for highly scalable architectures handling millions of concurrent users or processing thousands of events per second.
Bio: Michal Slaski (Senior Erlang consultant and software architect Erlang Solutions Ltd, Speaker, A Senior Software Consultant at Erlang Solutions)
Michal Slaski started programming in Erlang at the AGH - University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland, when working on his Masters prototyping massively multiplayer online games. After graduating, he joined Erlang Solutions on key projects around the world. He is currently heading Erlang Solutions' new Krakow office in Poland, keeping the Erlang flag up high.
18:30 "Riak in the hosting system of tablica.pl" Rafa? Skrzypek (presentation available here)
The plan of the presentation:
1. Who are we? What we do? (aside from the tablica.pl project)
2. Brief overview of the technologies we use.
3. Storing images in our services - what solutions did we use, what problems did we encounter?
4. What is Riak and why did we decided to use it?
5. What were the original problems Riak made us face?
6. What is our current configuration and what kind of data do we store?
7. What are our plans for the future use of Riak?
Bio: I am the IT administrator responsible for implementation and maintenance
of the infrastructure for services based on tablica.pl framework.