Are you looking for a challenging role that makes you want to get up in the morning?
Are you interested in joining a rapidly expanding global company, with offices in prime locations across Europe? If so, read on.
Just a sample of our exciting projects include:
· Scaling ejabberd (messaging platform) to one million messages per second
· Getting Erlang to run on tens of thousands of core processors
· Working hard with the universities on collaborative projects to trial and prototype latest ideas
· Teaching engineers in Australia to write ‘Gday mate’ in Erlang.
With a growing portfolio of customer facing projects, consultancy assignments and research projects, we are looking for talented individuals to join our friendly teams. All levels are welcome to apply including Graduates, Developers, Senior Developers and Architects. You will need knowledge of one or more functional programming languages such as Erlang, Clojure, Haskell, Scala and the imperative languages like C, Java and Objective-C.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from having a football table in the office and ‘cake Friday’, you will get to join a small team of highly skilled systems engineers; developing software using Erlang/OTP. We offer career development and valuable experience in developing state-of-the-art systems within the Financial Services, Payments, Automotive, Telecom and Gaming sectors.
We are a young, dynamic and friendly organisation, offering a competitive salary and benefits package and the possibility of travel to our customers around the world.
- Design, code, test and support of Erlang and related software, including some research.
- Develop solutions using distributed concurrent programming, software packaging and release
- Write and test code in Erlang and occasionally in other languages such as C, Java, Clojure, Haskell, Scala & Objective-C .
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or possibly an Erlang Foundation certification.
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrable knowledge of Erlang programming
- Experience with Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Experience of using one or more of Riak, CouchDB, ejabberd, and RabbitMQ will be a distinct advantage
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good customer facing and presentation skills.
- Experience with languages such as C and Java
- Experience of implementation of soft real time servers
- Experience with interconnection protocols (HTTP, XMPP, SMPP, ...)
Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of:
- Distributed Computing
- Parallelism and concurrency
Erlang Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.