Are you looking for a challenging role that makes you want to get up in the morning?
Are you interested in joining a rapidly expanding global company, with offices in prime locations across Europe? If so, read on.
Just a sample of our exciting projects include:
- Scaling ejabberd (messaging platform) to one million messages per second
- Getting Erlang to run on tens of thousands of core processors
- Working hard with the universities on collaborative projects to trial and prototype latest ideas
- Teaching engineers in Australia to write ‘Gday mate’ in Erlang.
What’s in it for you?
Aside from having a football table in the office and ‘cake Friday’, you will get to join a small team of highly skilled systems engineers; developing software using Erlang/OTP. We offer career development and valuable experience in developing state-of-the-art systems within the Financial Services, Payments, Automotive, Telecom and Gaming sectors.
We are a young, dynamic and friendly organisation, offering a competitive salary and benefits package and the possibility of travel to our customers around the world.
- With experience of real time or embedded software and associated hardware, you will be responsible for the design and programming of Erlang/OTP and related software solutions
- Interact well with our commercial customers and work constructively as part of customer-facing teams
- You will liaise with Software Design Engineers to ensure that the functionality meets specifications
- You will be responsible for other Software Engineers within a project team, and mentor junior staff
- Design, code, test and support of Erlang and related software, including some research.
- Develop solutions using distributed concurrent programming, software packaging and release
- Write and test code in Erlang and occasionally in other languages such as C, Java, Clojure, Haskell, Scala & Objective-C .
A Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or possibly an Erlang Intermediate certificate.
Skills and experience required:
- Experienced in the use of the Erlang OTP for the delivery of complex systems
- Must have demonstrable experience of designing and delivering multiple projects in at least one industry sector
- About three years demonstrable software development and implementation experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of Erlang programming
- Experience with Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Experience of using one or more of Riak, CouchDB, ejabberd, and RabbitMQ will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with languages such as C and Java
- Experience of implementation of soft real time servers
- Experience with interconnection protocols (HTTP, XMPP, SMPP, ...)
- Experience and understanding of the use of 'Radius' on a recent project
- Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
- Experience within the Financial Services including Payments arena, Automotive, Telecom and Gaming sectors will be advantageous.
- Distributed Computing
- Parallelism and concurrency
Erlang Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.